Dr. Watson, The Network Detective's Assistant (Dr. Watson)
Single-Copy Software License Agreement
- License. Karl Auerbach grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable License to use
the Dr. Watson software ("the software") accompanying this License on a
single computer. You may make one copy of the software for backup or archival purposes.
You must reproduce the copyright notice and other proprietary legends that are included in
the original copy of the software. This License prohibits the reproduction or copying of
the accompanying written materials.
- General Restrictions. Dr. Watson includes copyrighted material, trade
secrets, and other proprietary materials that are protected by copyright and other laws
and by international treaty provisions. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise
reverse engineer the software to obtain proprietary information contained therein. This
License prohibits any modifications, additions or deletions to the software. You may not
rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, copy, reproduce, assign, share, sell, electronically
transfer the software over a network to another computer or otherwise transfer the
software or your right to use the software. You may transfer all your License rights in
this software, the backup copy and related documentation and a copy of this License to
another party, provided the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and
conditions of this License.
- Export Restrictions. You agree that none of the software nor any technical
information regarding the software will be exported outside the United States except as
authorized and permitted by the laws and regulations of the United States and by Karl
Auerbach. If the software has rightfully been obtained by you outside the United States,
you agree not to re-export the software or any related technical information without
written permission from Karl Auerbach.
- Ownership. The ownership of and title to the software and documentation shall
remain with Karl Auerbach and/or its licensors. The software and documentation are
provided to you only to allow you to exercise your rights under this License. Only the
License to use the product is purchased by you.
- Termination. This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this
License at any time by destroying the software, related documentation and all copies
thereof. This License will terminate immediately without notice from Karl Auerbach if you
fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination you must destroy the
software, related documentation and all copies thereof.
- Disclaimer of Warranty.
- DR. WATSON, THE NETWORK DETECTIVE'S ASSISTANT IS A COMPLEX SOFTWARE TOOL THAT
SHOULD BE EXECUTED OR OTHERWISE USED ONLY BY PERSONNEL WITH EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF
COMPUTER NETWORKS. MISUSE CAN RESULT IN LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA AND OTHER DAMAGE TO
COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND NETWORKS.
- KARL AUERBACH EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND PROMISES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
- In no event does Karl Auerbach warrant that the software or related documentation will
satisfy your requirements, that the software and documentation will be without errors or
defects, or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted.
- IN NO EVENT WILL KARL AUERBACH BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR FOR ANY INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF KARL AUERBACH HAS BEEN SPECIFICALLY ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you
may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
- Karl Auerbach. reserves the right to make changes to any and all parts of its software
or related documentation, at any time, without any obligation to notify any person or
entity of such changes.
- Entire Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between you and
Karl Auerbach with respect to your acquisition and use of the software and manual and any
warranties or rights relating to the software or manual. If any provision of this
agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall
continue in full force.
- Restricted Rights. This software and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED
RIGHTS. Use, duplication or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to
restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and
Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or paragraphs (a) through (2) of the
Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable.
Contractor/Manufacturer is Karl Auerbach, 218 Carbonera Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-1500.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed and interpreted in accordance with the
laws of the State of California of the United States of America.
Modified November 15, 1997