I use this mostly on tri-tip roasts.
Derived from: All-Purpose California Beef Rub
- 2 Tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic powder or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) black pepper (best if freshly ground)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine and mix ingredients.
- Rub on the meat (Hint: Lightly rub the meat with soy sauce to make the beef rub adhere better.)
- Let sit for at least two hours, or overnight.