Saturday, 09 June 2007 05:11
These yams have an intense flavor. I’ve used them alone (as an item to bring to a potluck dinner). They work very well with turkey.
- 6 medium garnet yams
- 16 cipollini onions or 20 pearl onions
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil to moisten
- Peel and quarter yams.
- Peel onions and cut in half if they are large.
- In large bowl toss yams and onions with brown sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil (to moisten)
- Add yams/onion to turkey pan after turkey has cooked 1 hour.