Friday, 08 June 2007 18:12
These are the best pancakes in the universe.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cups sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- melted butter
- maple syrup (from New Hampshire, of course.)
- Whisk yolks, ricotta, and sour cream in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk flour, baking power, salt, and baking soda in another large bowl to blend.
- Add flour mixture to yolk mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in milk.
- Beat whites to soft peaks in another large bowl (electric mixer OK on medium speed).
- Fold beaten whites into batter.
- Use 2 tablespoons batter for each pancake (cook time is about 3 minutes/side).